Rice Cooker Method (3 cups, 6-8 servings):
- Scoop 3 cups of rice into the rice washing basin.
- Rinse or soak rice for 45 mins – 1 hr.
- After rinsing or soaking, add 4.5 cups of water to rice (1 cup rice: 1.5 cup water). Optionally, you may add 1 teaspoon of salt into the rice.
- Place the rice basin into cooker to cook. Do not lift lid or stir rice during cooking.
- When rice is cooked, fluff rice with rice paddle and serve hot.
Note: To add less water for firmer texture rice.
Stove Top / Absorption Method (1 cup, 2-3 servings):
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil.
- Slowly stir in 1 cup of rice continuously.
- Cover saucepan with lid, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until moisture is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stand covered for 5 minutes. Uncovered, fluff rice with rice paddle or fork and serve hot.