1. Rinse rice with cold running water in a large sieve. Rinse and drain well to remove excess starch until water runs clear.
2. Add rice into the rice cooker and same amount of water (1 cup rice is to 1 cup water). Soak for 1 hour to fully absorb.
3. Turn on the rice cooker. After rice has cooked and the heat is off. Leave it for 15-30 minutes depending on the amount of rice, as more rice will requires longer time for maturation.
4. Transfer rice to a wooden bowl and use a wooden paddle to break up rice lumps. Add vinegar mixture to the rice gradually and gently fold to combine. Fan and continue to fold for 15 minutes or until rice cools down.
5. Store the rice in a container and covered with a clean, damp towel until ready to use.
Note: To use wooden spoon. As vinegar will react to metal spoon and it will damage the rice grains.
Absortion Method (1 cup, 2-3 servings):
1. Bring 1½ cups of water to boil.
2. Slowly stir in 1 cup of rice continuously.
3. Cover saucepan with lid, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until moisture is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat and stand covered for 5 minutes. Uncovered, fluff rice with rice paddle and serve hot.
1. Place 1 cup of rice in a microwavable bowl.
2. Add 1½ cups of boiling water and 2 teaspoons of butter.
3. Cover with lid and cook on high temperature for 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Remove from microwave and let it stand for 5 minutes.
Rice Cooker Method
To use 1 cup of rice to 1.2 cup of water.